CEO and Faculty, Environmental Studies Klorofeel School Brahmapur
- Vice Chancellor, Centurion University of Technology and Management (CUTM), Bhubaneswar (June 2013 – July 2019)
- Director (Academic), Center for Environment and Development, Cuttack (January 2013 – May 2013)
- Director, HDF School of Management, Bhubaneswar (January 2008 – December 2012)
- Dean, KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM), KIIT University, Bhubaneswar (November 2006 – December 2007)
- Professor, Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) (April 1998 – October 2006)
- Technology Management Specialist, South East Asia Technology Company (SEATEC), Bangkok (August 1996 – January 1998)
- Senior Research Associate, Energy Technology Division, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok (September 1992-April 1993)
- Assistant Chief Design Engineer (position held before leaving) at the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Delhi (September 1982 – December 1990)
- Energy Management, Environmental Management, Technology Management, Strategic Management, Project Management, NGO Management, Livelihood Management, Quality Management, Materials Management, and Management Thought.
- Promoting Organic Agriculture, Processing and Marketing in Tribal Dominated South Odisha and North Andhra Pradesh LWE Districts, Sponsored by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), (Completed in February 2018)
- Assessment of the Holistic Education for Children with Disabilities in Urban Poor Areas in Municipal Areas of Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Sponsored by Swabhiman, Bhubaneswar, (Completed in February 2017)
- Political Economy of Energy Policy in India: Electricity and LPG, sponsored by M S Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai, (Completed in October 2016)
- Minimum Energy Access and Productive Use of Energy to Bottom of Pyramid Clients: Sponsored by French Agency for Energy and Environment (ADEME) (Completed April 2015)
- Development of Performance Management System of Harsha Trust (Completed in March 2015)
- Assessment of the Potential for Farmers’ Producers Organisations in Odisha, sponsored by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Bhubaneswar (Completed in January 2015)
- Mid-term Evaluation of the Project Mainstreaming and Inclusion of Socially Excluded Groups in Kandhamal District For the DFID Supported Poorest Areas Civil Society Programme (PACS): Sponsored by Access Development Services (Completed August 2014)
- Mid-term Evaluation of Total Village Management Program of KGVK, in Jharkhand: Sponsored by Axis Bank Foundation (Completed October 2013)
- Mid-term Evaluation of Capacity Building Program PREMA by People’s Rural Education Movement (PREM) in Odisha: Sponsored by Axis Bank Foundation (Completed June 2013)
- Mid-term Evaluation of Capacity Building Program ABHA by BANDHAN in West Bengal: Sponsored by Axis Bank Foundation (Completed June 2013)
- Planning and Undertaking Project Management and the Baseline Exercise for the Project “Enhancing Livelihoods of Tribal People in Jharkhand and Odisha through Women's Self Help Groups Under the Central India Initiative” being implemented by PRADAN: Sponsored by Collectives for Integrated Livelihood Initiatives (CinI) of Sir Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT) (Completed June 2013)
- End-term Evaluation of Sustainable Livelihoods for Rural Communities Around Vedanta’s Project Area in Jharsugda: Sponsored by Access Development Services Ltd (Completed in April 2013)
- Review of Projects Implemented by Sadguru, Gujarat, Funded by Sir Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT), Mumbai ( Completed in January 2013)
- Review of Projects Implemented by the Professional Assistance for Development Action (PRADAN), Delhi, in Assam, Chhatisgarh and Madhya Pradesh, Funded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, Mumbai (Completed in December 2012)
- Impact Assessment of ICCO Funded Projects on Sustainable Livelihood and Institutional Development in Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and Chhatisgarh, Funded by National Foundation of India, Delhi (Completed in August 2012)
- Environmental Transformation and Social Friction in India with specific Focus on Odisha, Funded by Norwegian Research Council and Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Completed in March 2012)
- Value System Analysis for Turmeric Sub-sector in Kandhamal and Koraput Districts of Odisha, Funded by Madhyam Foundation, Bhubaneswar (Completed in March 2012)
- Value System Analysis for Vegetable Sub-sector in Malkangir, Kalahandi and Khurda Districts of Odisha, Funded by Madhyam Foundation, Bhubaneswar (Completed in December 2011)
- Review of Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment (ATREE), Bangalore, Karnataka, Funded by Jamsetji Tata Trust, Mumbai (Completed in September 2011)
- Value Chain Analysis for Herbal Medicine for Health and Development Initiative, Orissa: Sponsored by National Foundation of India, Delhi (Completed in April 2011)
- Value Chain Analysis for Hill Broom and Dal for Agragamee, Orissa: Sponsored by National Foundation of India, Delhi (Completed in April 2011)
- Development of Strategic Plan for the Concern Worldwide's India Operation, Sponsored by Concern World-wide (Completed in December 2010)
- Feasibility Study of Centurion University, Orissa: sponsored by CSREM (2009)
- Governance and management of community based rural electricity system in South Asia: Sponsored by Winrock International/USAID (Completed in August 2006)
- Socio-economic Impact Assessment of Jyotigram Program in Gujarat: Sponsored by CII (Completed in February 2006)
- Evaluation of Tata-Dhan Academy: Sponsored by Sir Ratan Tata Trust (Completed in January 2006)
- Training Needs Assessment of the Gujarat Electricity Board: Sponsored by NEXANT, USA/USAID (Completed in December 2005)
- Sustainable Settlement in Peri-urban Areas with Specific Reference to Impacts of Transport and Energy on Natural Resources and Management (sponsored by European Commission) (Completed in 2005).
- Integrated Energy System in Palej Village: Sponsored by Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd. (HOEC) (Completed in December 2004)
- Sustainable Peri-Urban Area Development: Sponsored by European Commission and TERI (Completed in December 2004)
- Socio-economic Impact Assessment of the Programs of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India in the districts of Gujarat: Sponsored by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India (Completed in 2004).
- Techno-economic and Social Feasibility of Micro Distribution Units in the Rural Areas of Gujarat: Sponsored by the Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission (GERC) (Completed in 2004)
- Edited Book, Governance of Rural Electricity Systems in India, 2007, Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
- Panda, H. (2017), Development Challenges and Prospects in Odisha, Centurion Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, ISSN 2395 6216, 2(1), PP. 47-59
- Panda, H., Panda, S.M. and Lund, R. (2013), Environmental Insecurity and Social Friction: Links in Rural Odisha, International Journal of Rural Management, Sage, 9(1) 17-43.
- Panda, H. (2011), Energy Security of Odisha: Role of Forests, Proceedings of the Odisha Environment Congress 2011, Bhubaneswar, December 22-24, 2011, CED, HDF and NMNH, pp. 58-71.
- Panda, H. (2011), Energy Scenario in India, Proceedings of the Kerala Environment Congress 2011, Thiruvananthapuram, August 25-27, 2011, CED and Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, pp. 29-48.
- Panda, H. and Das, P. (2010), Water-Electricity Nexus in Odisha, Proceedings of the Odisha Environment Congress 2010, Bhubaneswar, December 22-24, 2010, CED, HDF and NMNH, pp. 139-154.
- Panda, H., (2005), Review of Rural Energy Policy in India, Proceedings of the National Seminar on Biomass Based Decentralised Power Generation, SPRERI, VV Nagar, Gujarat, January 21-22, 2005, pp. 85-94.
- Panda, H., (2003), ICTs for Human Security and Local Development: The Case of National Dairy Development Board, India, Regional Development Dialogue, UNCRD, Nagoya, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 15-30.
- Panda, H. and Pundir, R. S., (2002), Problems and Possible Solutions for Better Traffic Management: A Case Study of Vadodara-Ahmedabad Section of National Highway Eight, Research Paper 19, IRMA.
- Panda, H. (2001), India’s Rural Industry: Assessing the Strength of its Technological Infrastructure, Asia Pacific Technology Monitor, May-June, pp. 32-39.
- Panda, H., (2000), Lucas-TVS Limited: Capability Analysis (Case Diagnoses), Vikalpa, Vol 25, No 4, October-December, pp. 77-79.
- Panda, H. and Ramanathan, K., (1999), Technological Capability Assessment of an Engineering Consultancy Company, Technology Management: Strategies and Application, Vol. 4, pp. 255-298.
- Panda, H. and Ramanathan, K., (1997), Technological Capability Assessment as an Input for Strategic Planning: Case Studies at Electricite de France and Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, Technovation, 17(7) 359-390.
- Panda, H. and Ramanathan, K., (1996), Technological Capability Assessment of a Firm in the Electricity Sector, Technovation, 16(10) 561-588.
- Panda, H. and Ramanathan, K., (1995), The Role of Technological Capability in Value Addition: the Case of the Electricity Sector, Technology Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, 84-100.
- Mohanty, B. and Panda, H., (1995), Integrated Energy System for Industrial Complexes: A Case Study Using the LP Model, Applied Energy, vol. 51, pp. 19-38.
- •Mohanty, B. and Panda, H., (1993), Integrated Energy System for Industrial Complexes: A Linear Programming Approach, Applied Energy, vol. 46, pp. 317-348.
- Managing Trustee, Harsha Trust, Bhubaneswar, India, www.harshatrust.org
- Director, Klorofeel Foundation, Cuttack, India, www.klorofeelfoundation.org
- Director, Klorofeel Education Associaton, Cuttack, India, www.klorofeelschool.ac.in
- Promotion of high quality school education and development of educational ecosystem
- Technology-based, market-linked, sustainable livelihod security of people in the bottom of the socio-economic pyramid
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, India in 1982
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, India in 1991
Master of Engineering (Energy Technology).
Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand in 1992
PhD (Management of Technology)
Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand in 1996