1. Education must be joyful and interesting. Students must want to come to school.
2. Students and teachers should be trusted and empowered to do the right things. The teacher’s job is to prepare them to make their own choices.
3. Education must be connected with the environment.
4. Diversity is an important element of nature. Else there would be one fruit, one flower, in the world. The educated human is inclusive, and leverages diversity.
5. Education must include sports, culture, arts, and awareness of the world around.
6. Ethics and Love, Compassion and Brotherhood, Creating Purpose, and finding the passion to pursue it, are intrinsic to Education.
7. The parent is the first teacher, and community influences the child as much as the school. Both parents and community are key stakeholders in education.
8. We must address the Head, the Hands, and the Heart, while educating – not just the head.
9. Education must address thinking, questioning, decision making, respect for diversity, building perspective, effective communication, and remove fear, prejudice and intolerance.
10. We value simplicity over perfection, whenever simplicity helps in their learning.
11. The process of effective education includes many a failure. It is the educators’ job to push students to explore their limits, introspect, and learn. At the same time, they must provide a safety net in the rare case that things go really wrong.