Dr. Geetha Manjunath is the Founder, CEO and CTO of NIRAMAI, which is a deep tech startup developing a novel computer-aided diagnostic solution for detecting early stage breast cancer using machine learning and AI. Geetha has over 25 years of experience in IT research and has led many innovative projects in Healthcare and Transportation, especially catering to Emerging Market needs. Until end of 2016, she was a Lab Director heading Data Analytics Research in Xerox India. Prior to that, she was a Principal Research Scientist at Hewlett Packard Laboratories for 17 years, and a member of the C-DAC team which built the first commercial supercomputer from India.
Geetha holds a PhD in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Science and management education from Kellogg’s School of Management Chicago.
Geetha has won many international and national recognition for her innovations and entrepreneurial work. These include:
- Computer Society of India Gold Medal in 1991
- TR Shamanna State Award from Karnataka in 1989
- One of the top 50 NASCCOM IT Innovators in 2009
- Among several accolades from Hewlett Packard, her outstanding innovation called SiteOnMobile was tagged as a “HP Legend”
- Winner of 2010 MIT Tech Review Grand Challenges for Technologists in Healthcare category
- BIRAC WinER Award 2018 for her Entrepreneurial Research
Technical and Academic Milestones
- Inventor of 15 US patents with more pending grant
- Co-authored a book on Cloud Technologies called “Moving to the Cloud” which was published by Elsevier Syngress Publications
- Senior member of IEEE and past Chair of IEEE Computer Society, Bangalore Chapter
About NIRAMAI Health Analytix Pvt Ltd
NIRAMAI is a health technology startup developing a novel solution to detect early-stage breast cancer in a completely privacy-aware manner. The company’s offerings include a New Cancer Detection Solution for Hospitals and Diagnostic centers, as well as a portable affordable patient triaging solution to improve rural healthcare through Government and Non-Profit Organizations.
Their portable Cancer Detection solution is also suitable for preventive health checkup, corporate camps and home care. Niramai was founded in July 2016 by Dr. Geetha Manjunath and Nidhi Mathur. It is a Series A funded company and has so far raised about 7 million USD from Popular Indian investors such as Pi Ventures, Axilor, Ankur Capital, Binny Bansal and international investors such as 500 Startups, Dream Incubator from Japan and BeeNext from Singapore.
NIRAMAI has won many national and international awards and recognitions – Best Preventive Insurance Idea from BNP [email protected], Gold Prize in Hack Osaka, Amazon AI Award, Aegis Graham Bell Data Science Award, Best Cancer Startup, etc. It is the only Indian company listed on the CBInsights Top 100 AI companies in the world across all domains.